1. Lifespan of horse is around 25 years.
2. Horses can sleep both lying down and standing position.
3. Horses have around 205 bones in their skeleton.
4. Humans are using horses as transport vehicle over 5000 years.
5. Horses are plant eaters or herbivores.
6. Scientists believe that horses ruling world for the past 50 million years.
7. They have bigger eyes than any other land mammals, 9 times larger than that of a human.
8. Horses have 360 degree vision.
9. Horses can run max speed up to 85 kph (55 mph).
10. Horse weighs up to 1000 kg.
11. Horses are love to eat short, juicy grass.
12. It is estimated that there are around 80 million horses in the world.
13. A young male horse known as colt.
14. A young female horse known as filly.
15. A male horse known as stallion.
16. A female horse known as mare.
17. Horses usually looks like laughing, but actually they were used to smelling something.
18. Horses used to feel comfortable when their face in an open area.
19. Horse’s brain weights about 625 grams.
20. Horses can not do vomit.
21. Horses love to roam with their group.
22. 400 kinds of different horse breeds are there.
23. Horses like sweet flavors and reject sour or bitter.
24. Horses can produce up to 35 to 40 liters of saliva in a day.
25. Horse heart weighs approximately 4 kg.
26. Horses can jump up to 25 feet impressively.
27. Horses drink 100 liters in a day.
28. Horses have more memory power than elephants.
29. Adult horses have 40 teeth and females 36.
30. The horse is the state animal of New Jersey.
31. James Watt developed ‘Horsepower’ because he wanted a measurement for his steam engine that would be readily understood. One horse power = 746 watts, one metric horsepower = 736 watts.
32. A horse has a peak power output of 14.9 horsepower.
33. Maryland, Virginia, Oklahoma have annual Horse Festivals.
34. Horse teeth never stop growing.
35. Horse’s teeth take up more room in its head than its brain.
36. Horses cannot breathe through their mouth, can do only through their nose.
37. Arabian horses are known as the beautiful horses in the world.
38. Horses use their ears, eyes and nostrils to express their mood.
39. Horse used to communicate their feelings through facial expressions.
40. The horse is one of the 12 Chinese signs of the zodiac.
41. Horses were cloned for the first time in 2003.
42. Horse’s Age Can be Estimated by Its Teeth.
43. The American Quarter Horse is considered as the World’s Most Popular Breed.
44. Horses have four basic gaits: walk, trot, canter and gallop.
45. Horses ears can rotate up to 180 degrees.
46. They require approx 2 percent of their body weight in food per day.
47. They have a small stomach so require a steady flow of food throughout the day and night.
48. Horses are considered mature at around four years.
49. The smallest horse in the world is just 17 inches.
50. Horses have 8 blood types.