As we know that earth is having lots of unknown facts. In which most of them still yet relieved, especially in ocean.
Here we will look at the fact about largest sea creatures on earth. So what do you think about biggest animal Blue Whale right, the Answer is No.
The species, which is there larger than that. Is it ? Yes. Here we go…
Table of Contents
- 20. Largest sea creatures – Giant Isopod:
- 19. Largest sea creatures – Australian Trumpet:
- 18. Largest sea creatures – Giant Calm:
- 17. Largest sea creatures – Ocean Sunfish:
- 16. Largest sea creatures – Walrus:
- 15. Largest sea creatures – Southern Elephant Seal:
- 14. Largest sea creatures – Giant Japanese Spider Crab:
- 13. Largest sea creatures – Greenland Shark:
- 12. Largest sea creatures – Giant Ocean Manta Ray:
- 11. Largest sea creatures – Bluntnose Sixgill Shark:
- 10. Largest sea creatures – Great White Shark:
- 9. Largest sea creatures – Oarfish:
- 8. Largest sea creatures – Giant Octopus:
- 7. Largest sea creatures – Basking Shark:
- 6. Largest sea creatures – Giant Squid :
- 5. Largest sea creatures – Whale Shark :
- 4. Largest sea creatures – Colossal Squid:
- 3. Largest sea creatures – Sperm Whale:
- 2. Largest sea creatures – Blue Whales :
- 1. Largest sea creatures – Lion’s mane jellyfish:
- Related Post
20. Largest sea creatures – Giant Isopod:
- with a maximum weight and length of approximately 1.7 kilograms (3.7 lb) and 76 centimetres (30 in) respectively.
- The Giant Isopods are deep sea creatures that look like some monster out of an Alien movie.
- It habitats in deep sea with the depth of 2000 – 4000 ft.
19. Largest sea creatures – Australian Trumpet:
- They can be found 33 feet deep in intertidal waters of North Australia.
- It will be 90 cm long and weighing up to 18 kg.
18. Largest sea creatures – Giant Calm:
- One of a number of large clam species.
- It usually shallow coral reefs.
- It habitats South Pacific and Indian oceans and near Philippines.
- Giant Calm can weigh more than 200 kilograms (440 lb), measure as much as 120 cm (47 in) across, Impressive !!..
- Average lifespan in the wild of over 100 years.
- Sadly it is listed in very endangered list.
17. Largest sea creatures – Ocean Sunfish:
- The ocean sunfish known as common mola is the heaviest known bony fish in the world.
- It weights upto 1500 kg.
- Female ocean sunfish can produce more eggs up to 300,000,000 at a time.
- The length of Ocean Sunfish is about 3 m.
16. Largest sea creatures – Walrus:
- Lives in Atlantic and Pacific regions.
- It can weigh more than 2,000 kg (4,400 lb).
- It length various from 2.2 to 3.6 m.
- Among pinnipeds, are exceeded in size only by the two species of elephant seals.
- Due to its low population it is listed in very endangered list.
15. Largest sea creatures – Southern Elephant Seal:
- It measure from 4.2 to 5.8 m (14 to 19 ft) long.
- A mature bull averages about 3,175 kg.
- It usually hunts squid and fish at depths of 400 to 1,000 m.
14. Largest sea creatures – Giant Japanese Spider Crab:
- The Japanese spider crab also known as tall-legged crab, Macrocheira kaempferi.
- This species belongs to crab types.
- It lives around Japan.
- Impressively it reach upto 6m (18 feet.)
- Its body grow upto 40 cm. It has very longest leg.
- Lives in low temperature reaching between 10 to 15 degree, So which lives under depth of 1000 ft.
13. Largest sea creatures – Greenland Shark:
- Also known as the gurry shark, or grey shark.
- It has the longest known lifespan of all vertebrate species, more than 120 years.
- Greenland sharks grow to 6.4 m (21 ft) and 1,000 kg (2,200 lb).
- Its just live above freeze temperature about 2 degree.
12. Largest sea creatures – Giant Ocean Manta Ray:
- It is the largest type of ray in the world.
- The giant oceanic manta ray can grow up to 7 m (23 ft).
- The weight is about 1,350 kg (2,980 lb).
- Because its decreased population, It is listed in endangered list.
11. Largest sea creatures – Bluntnose Sixgill Shark:
- Grows upto 27 ft (9 m) in length.
- It is found in tropical and temperate waters worldwide.
- It is usually found under depth of 1,000 m to 2,500 m (3,000–7,500 ft) from the surface.
- The bluntnose sixgill is one of three shark species with six gills.
- It can be seen near the ocean’s surface only at night.
10. Largest sea creatures – Great White Shark:
- The Great White Shark also known as the great white, white pointer, white shark, or white death.
- It grow 6 m to 10 m in average.
- The Great Shark weighs about 2.0 ton.
- It usually lives below in 1 km depth.
- It is dangerous to humans, attacks human, boats and floating anything.
9. Largest sea creatures – Oarfish:
- It can grow up to 11 m (36 ft) in length.
- Oarfish have the longest known length of any living species of bony fish.
- The oarfish inhabits in deep ocean, ranging from 1,000 meters (3,300 ft).
- It spreads across all oceans in the world.
8. Largest sea creatures – Giant Octopus:
- The size record is held by a specimen that was 30 feet across.
- Weighed more than 250 kg.
- They live to be about four years old.
- Giant Octopus is highly intelligent creatures, which have learned to open jars, mimic other octopuses, and solve mazes in lab tests.
7. Largest sea creatures – Basking Shark:
- The basking shark is the second largest living fish, after the whale shark.
- It grows upto 6 to 12 m in length.
- Average weigh is about 10 ton.
- Basking Shark usually lives deeper than 1000 m (3000 ft.).
- It is also known as bone shark, elephant shark, hoe-mother, sail-fish and sun-fish.
- The real giant squid largest ever recorded by scientists was almost 43 feet (13 meters) long.
- The giant squid may have weighed nearly a ton.
- The North Atlantic,the Gulf of Mexico, Hawaii, and California where the giant squid used to live in deep ocean.
- Giant squids live on the depth of 3000 to 6000 feet (1000 – 2000 m).
5. Largest sea creatures – Whale Shark :
- Its length is about 13 m and a weight of about 22 t.
- The whale shark can be found in open waters of the tropical oceans.
- Whale sharks have a mouth that can be 1.5 m (4.9 ft) wide.
- Whale sharks have very large mouths and are filter feeders.
- The feeding mode that occurs in only two other sharks, the megamouth shark and the basking shark.
- It can dive up-to 2000 m. Third most deepest diving animal.
- It weigh about 15 tons.
4. Largest sea creatures – Colossal Squid:
- Also known as Antarctic or giant cranch squid.
- It can grow upto 15 m (39–46 ft) long.
- Weighing possibly up to 750 kg.
- It the largest known species of invertebrate.
- The eye was estimated to be 30 to 40 cm in diameter, larger than foot ball, Extra ordinary.
3. Largest sea creatures – Sperm Whale:
- Also known as cachalot.
- It is the largest of the toothed whales and the largest toothed predator.
- Mature whale average 15 metres to 20 metres in length.
- It can dive upto 2,250 metres (7,382 ft) in depth.
- It is the second deepest diving mammal, followed by Cuvier’s beaked whale (Which can dive upto 3000 m in depth).
- The Big mammal spotted 2 here, Its length considered about 30 m in length.
- Blue whales considered as the largest animal in the world. Also the Weightiest animal in the world.
- It weights up to 180 tonnes.
- This animal can swallow three school buses without even stretching. The amazing animal in the world.
1. Largest sea creatures – Lion’s mane jellyfish:
- The bell of jellyfish with a diameter of 2.3 metres (7 ft 6 in) and tentacles 37.0 m (121.4 ft) long.
- Also known as the giant jellyfish or the hair jelly.
- Lion jelly fish is the largest jelly fish in the world.
- With its tentacles it is about 37 m, hence it is the Largest sea creatures ever known in the world (Very Impressive!!!).
- It is known larger than the Biggest Mammal on earth – Blue whale.