World is living with full of amazing species and animals, most of them from Ocean, still more than 90% species from ocean is unpredictable, Most of the animals largest ever known is in endangered list.
World is having plenty of wonderful and amazing facts which we don’t even think about it. The great Blue whale is listed down at the top among all.
Here we have listed top top 17 largest living animals earth.
Table of Contents
- 18. Ocean Sunfish:
- 17. Gaur – Giant Indian Bull :
- 16. American Alligator :
- 15. White Rhinoceros :
- 14. Chinese Rat Snake :
- 13. Hippopotamus :
- 12. Tiger Shark :
- 11. King Cobra :
- 10. Giraffe:
- 9. Great White Shark
- 8. Southern Elephant Seal:
- 7. Slender-Snouted Gharial:
- 6. Beluga Sturgeon:
- 5. Green Anaconda:
- 4. Green Sawfish:
- 3. Orca the killer whale:
- 2. Colossal Squid:
- 1. Blue Whale:
- Related Post
18. Ocean Sunfish:
- The ocean sunfish known as common mola is the heaviest known bony fish in the world.
- It weights upto 1500 kg.
- Female ocean sunfish can produce more eggs up to 300,000,000 at a time.
- The length of Ocean Sunfish is about 2.4 m (8.2 ft).
17. Gaur – Giant Indian Bull :
- Also known as the Indian bison the Gaur is much larger than its American counterparts, especially when you
- count the hump protruding from its back.
- Bulls weigh on average 1,000 to 1,300 kg.
- Gaur has a body length of 2.50 – 3.3 m with about 100 cm long tail.
16. American Alligator :
- Commonly known as gator or common alligator.
- American Alligator used to inhabits freshwater wetlands, marshes and cypress swamps from Texas to North Carolina.
- It can weigh up to 453 to 600 kg (1,000 to 1,320 lb).
- Fully Grown adult male American alligators measure 3.5 m.
15. White Rhinoceros :
- The white rhinoceros is one of the largest pure grazers.
- White Rhinoceros weighs between 1.7 ton to 2.5 ton.
- White Rhinoceros is in endarged list.
- The length of White Rhinoceros is about 4 m.
14. Chinese Rat Snake :
- Commonly known as Ptyas korros or Indo-Chinese rat snake.
- It grow upto 5 m in length.
13. Hippopotamus :
- Hippos are semi-aquatic creatures that spend most of their time partially submerged in water holes.
- Its weighs from 1,500 – 1,800 kg.
- Hippopotamus very angriest one, it wont allow any other animal to enter into their region even crocodile.
- Baby hippos are born underwater at a weight between 25 and 50 kg.
- Its length is about 2.5 m.
12. Tiger Shark :
- The length is over 5 m (16 ft 5 in).
- Tiger Shark found in many tropical and temperate waters, and it is especially common around central Pacific islands.
- It usually eat on birds, turtles, seals and even dolphins.
- Tiger Shark weighs can reach and exceed 900 kg.
11. King Cobra :
- It also known as hamadryad.
- The king cobra is a prominent symbol and traditions of Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Myanmar.
- King cobra grow up-to 6 meters in length.
- It is the largest venomous snake in the world.
- King Cobra is one of the very poisonest snakes in the world.
- Average weigh of Giraffe is 1.3 ton.
- The giraffe has an extremely elongated neck, which can be up to 2–2.4 m (6.6–7.9 ft) in length.
- It is the tallest living creature in the world, a giraffe can reach food sources nearly 6 meters off the ground.
9. Great White Shark
- The Great White Shark also known as the great white, white pointer, white shark, or white death.
- It grow 6 m in average.
- The Great Shark weighs about 2.0 ton.
- It usually lives below in 1 km depth.
- It is dangerous to humans, attacks human, boats and floating anything.
8. Southern Elephant Seal:
- It measure from 4.2 to 5.8 m (14 to 19 ft) long.
- A mature bull averages about 3,175 kg.
- It usually hunts squid and fish at depths of 400 to 1,000 m.
7. Slender-Snouted Gharial:
- Also known as gavial, and the fish-eating crocodile.
- Very few exists in earth. It is listed in Critically Endangered list.
- The gharial is the longest of all living crocodilians, measuring up to 6.25 m (20.5 ft).
- This species resides primarily in India, Pakistan and other Asia regions.
6. Beluga Sturgeon:
- Also known as European sturgeon .
- Living up to 120 years and accepted record is 1,571 kg (3,463 lb) weighs and 7.2 m (23.6 ft) in length.
5. Green Anaconda:
- It is also known as common anaconda and water boa.
- It is the heaviest and one of the longest known extant snake species in the world.
- Green Anaconda weighs upto 100kg.
- This Anaconda impressively reach upto 7 m in length.
4. Green Sawfish:
- Sawfish species can reach a length of up to 7.3 metres.
- It can be found in shallow water with the depth of 6m.
- The sawfish is native to the western Indo-Pacific extends to east coast of Africa, the Gulf of Aden and the Red
- Sea to India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and northern Australia.
3. Orca the killer whale:
- Also known as orca.
- The killer whales upto 6 ton, The bigger one !.
- It grows upto 8m in length.
- Killer whale or orca is a toothed whale belonging to the oceanic dolphin family.
- Its is a dangerous one, which usually attacks and kills humans, sharks and even whales.
2. Colossal Squid:
- People think the giant squid is the biggest in its squid kind. Its Wrong.
- The colossal squid is even bigger. The amazing fact is its one eye is larger than a human head, almost like football.
- Colossal squid habitat at least to a depth of 2.5 km (7500 feet).
- It can grow upto 20 m in length. Weigh between 700 to 1 ton.
1. Blue Whale:
- Blue whales considered as the largest animal in the world. Also the Weightiest animal in the world.
- It grow upto 30 meters long.
- It weights up to 180 tonnes.
- This animal can swallow three school buses without even stretching. The amazing animal in the world.