Watermelon is the best fruit for hydration. It consists with full of water contents. Watermelons are best source for vitamins A, vitamins C and antioxidants.
Watermelon is a popular summer fruit. Consuming it every day avoids skin dryness and skin related problems.
Here the list of Health Benefits, Interesting facts about watermelon and Nutrition’s of Watermelons.
Table of Contents
1. Health Benefits
- Good source for Vitamin A and maintains healthy eyes.
- Watermelon improves the Hydration.
- Good Source for Fiber.
- Contains lots of antioxidants.
- Avoid skin dryness and improves the skin glow.
- Watermelon contains Vitamin B6, Which is used to maintain the protein consume and improve brain memory power.
- Avoids kidney stones – Due to plenty of Water content, Potassium, Lycopene, and Nitric Oxide, taking care of kidney without problems.
- Avoid risk of prostate, lung, and stomach cancers.
- It relieves muscle soreness.
2. Interesting Facts about Watermelon
- Watermelon is the best fruit for diet, 1 Kg watermelon contains only 300 calories.
- Watermelon contains 92% of water content.
- America holds the records for high consuming watermelons, an average person consuming about 7 kg of watermelon every year.
- China hold the record for harvesting watermelons, every year china produces 75 billion kg watermelon.
- The Biggest watermelon ever found weighting about 122 kg. (Source).
- Watermelon can be found in Red, Green, Pink, Yellow, White.
- A watermelon have 500 to 1000 seeds.
- US gives more importance to Watermelons, it holds 5th rank at watermelon production, China holds the First Rank.
- Around 1200 types of varieties found around the world.
- Watermelon grown in 90 countries around the world.
- The watermelon is considered as the vegetable of Oklahoma.
- August 3 is celebrated as National Watermelon Day.
- It is estimated that the first watermelon harvested before 5,000 years ago in Egypt.
3. Watermelon Nutrition’s
Nutrition details as per USDA Food Composition Databases
- Energy – 330 k.cal
- Protein – 5.40 g
- Total lipid (fat) – 0.00 g
- Carbohydrate – 76.10 g
- Dietary Fiber – 5.0 g
- Sugars – 59.80 g
- Calcium – 110 mg
- Iron – 1.50 mg
- Sodium – 0 mg
- Vitamin C – 62.0 mg
- Vitamin A – 4140 IU
- Fatty acids, total saturated – 0.000 g
- Fatty acids, total trans – 0.000 g
- Cholesterol – 0 mg
4. Aww Facts about Watermelon
Due to importance of watermelons, US calling July as Watermelon Month, the production will be at peak at this month.