Pomegranates are one of the delicious fruits in the world. It contains lots of health benefits for all. Pomegranates don’t need any specific place to grow. We can grow it anywhere, If we are properly maintained.
Here are the important health benefits, Nutritional Values and Interesting Facts about Pomegranates.
Some notable health benefits of Pomegranates
- Rich Fiber Content
- Rich Vitamin C Content
- Reduce Blood Pressure
- Improves Memory
- Resolve menstrual irregularity Problems
- Fight against Cancer
- Improves heart health
- Pomegranates contains high rich Vitamin C contents. A 100 gram fruit can produce 17 g Vitamin C.
- It is a great source for vitamin C, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants.
- Pomegranates are having high fiber.
- Taking Pomegranate seeds particularly the seed oil can help strengthen the hair follicles.
- Some research suggest that Pomegranates to cut the risk of prostate cancer.
- Consuming one glass of pomegranate juice every day will reduce the hypertension (1).
- Pomegranates contains 120 calories in an average. It is a bit higher than an apple.
- Pomegranates avoids damaging the cell dead which causes faces glow.
- It will give good relief from stomach disorders.
- Pomegranates improves memory level.
- Pomegranates tree can grow up-to 10 m in height. It can produce its first fruit within 6 months.
- An average Pomegranates can have more than 500 seeds.
- A large sized Pomegranate can produce 250 calories.
- Major health benefits of Pomegranate contains only in seeds. Seeds are 100% eatable one.
- A Pomegranate tree can live more than 150 years amazingly.
- Consuming a medium sized Pomegranates can satisfy 48% of the recommended daily vitamin C intake or human body.
- Pomegranate removes harmful blood vessels, reduce cholesterol and increase the blood flow in our body.
Read More : Top 20 Largest Mammals on Earth
Quick Facts of Pomegranates :
- Taste : Sweet
- Family : Lythraceae
- Origin : Middle East
- Weight : 100 g – 2 kg
- Color : Yellow, Red
- Seeds : 300 – 700
Nutritional benefits of pomegranates :
Here are the Nutritional Benefit of pomegranates for every 100 grams,
- Calories : 83
- Total Fat : 1.2 g 1%
- Saturated fat : 0.1 g 0%
- Polyunsaturated fat : 0.1 g
- Monounsaturated fat : 0.1 g
- Cholesterol : 0 mg 0%
- Sodium : 3 mg 0%
- Potassium : 236 mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate : 19 g 6%
- Dietary fiber : 4 g 16%
- Sugar : 14 g
- Protein : 1.7 g 3%
- Vitamin A : 0%
- Vitamin C : 17%
- Calcium : 1%
- Iron : 1%
- Vitamin D : 0%
- Vitamin B-6 : 5%
- Vitamin B-12 : 0%
- Magnesium : 3%
Read More : Facts About Earth
- The majority of that fiber is found in the white seeds.
- Dried white will be helpful to reduce blood cholesterol at extreme.
So How much i need to Consume pomegranates – Generally average sized pomegranates have 150 to 200 grams in weights which will produce approximately 160 calories, which is enough for a daily routine. Consuming more pomegranates will supply large amount of calories and make you weight gain.